Family Fun Facts

My brother’s name is Andrew Jackson, and he had a High School classmate named Robert E. Lee. 
"Look what the boy's written now, dear."

My mom says we’re distant relations to Jackson the President, though that’s unsubstantiated.

I have three cousins on each side of my family - two male and one female in each branch. There’s a John and a Kathy (or Cathy) on each side.

One of my cousins is named Orrin Jackson Ross. He sounds like he must be a legendary Scottish hero, but actually he’s a plumber in Lowville, NY.

One of my grandfathers was part Iroquois. He was an auto mechanic, and his only cousin was a music librarian at Harvard.

My son is Simon David Jackson-Forsberg. He sounds like he could be a Rabbi, but he’s not. His middle name honors both grandfathers and one great-grandfather. If he marries someone with a hyphenated name, they’ll have to work it out.

One of my wife’s great uncles hung out with bootleggers and Lucille Ball in Jamestown, NY.

My wife suspects that one of her great grandmothers was Roma (as yet unsubstantiated).
Other than that, we’re pretty ordinary…

Comments

Popular Posts